It is the second enlarged and improved edition of an IEE project, awarded in 2010 by ManagEnergy, promoting energy saving in housing as a bet between local governments of cities and citizens, by which the latter needs to reduce its energy consumption by 9% in a given period.
- Project launch: May 2011
- Duration: 30 months
- Coordinator: B. & S.U. mbH Berlin
- Partner in Romania: Alba Local Energy Agency – ALEA.
- Consortium Partners: 16 of 16 countries.
- Key Players: Consortium partners, municipalities, support organizations (eg housing associations, utility companies, etc.).
- Target groups: residents, municipalities, policy makers (local departments, regional, etc.
EN2 Project Objectives:
- Consumer information and involvement in activities that lead to behavior change in terms of energy consumption;
- Raising awareness of citizens on energy efficient products;
- Reduced energy consumption and reduced CO2 emissions;
- Involving local authorities in the fight to reduce energy consumption, contribution to European policies on energy saving.