BUMP” is a project co-funded by the European Union under the Intelligent Energy Europe (IEE) Programme (STEER – efficient transport).
The project goal is to support local authorities in developing sustainable urban mobility plans (SUMP) by facilitating networking, mutual learning and exchange of experience between countries.
General project facts:
- Coordinator: AREA – Scientific and Technological Research Consortium of Trieste, Italy;
- 8 partner organizations : TUDO – Technical University of Dortmund, Germany CSDCS – Association „Sustainable Development of Civil Society” – Bulgaria, CIRCE – Centre for Research on resources and energy consumption – Spain Swea – Sewern Wye Energy Agency – the United Kingdom; Via Alta – Czech Republic; REC – Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe – Hungary and Poland, ALEA – Alba Local Energy Agency – Romania
- Project activities started in April 2013 and last 36 months.
Main project activities:
- Organizing focus group meetings to adapt the general objectives of the training program to national specificities. A set of tools („BUMP Support Package”) will be developed containing measures to set up Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMP), examples of good practice and instruction guides
- Trainings (capacity building, exchange of experiences, mutual learning) for public administration;
- Developing a model of sustainable urban mobility plan (SUMP), adapted to the specific of each country;
- Guiding of a number of local authorities in developing SUMPs;
- Project results:
- Strengthen the capacity of a large number of European municipalities to achieve SUMPs.
- 4 cities in Romania will have sustainable urban mobility plans which will be devoted to achieving an efficient and sustainable urban transport.
Access the official website of the project here: www.bump-mobility.eu